Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 35 | Love Song



Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it. 

Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life…  Deuteronomy 30:11-14, 20 

We often long for discernment in our lives, and we want God to clearly point us in the direction we should go, whether it is in our personal life or in a ministry we are involved in.  But are we taking the time to listen?  Before we jump into another commitment or make a decision, do we ask of Him?   

And perhaps at one point we heard Him speak and we obeyed and jumped into the water and started swimming.  Are we taking the time to rest, to look, to make sure we are swimming in the right direction? 

If you take a bottle of lake water and shake it up, it’s cloudy and you can’t see through it clearly, but if you let it set, after a while the sentiment floats to the bottom and the water becomes clear, and you can see.  Are you taking moments in your life where you are spending time to allow the waters of life to become still and clear? 

The answers to life’s decisions are not out of our reach. Listen, sit still with Him.  It is not up in the heavens, or beyond the sea.  No, the answer is within our very own hearts when we are seeking Him, when we listen to His voice from deep within our soul. 

Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me. 
By day the Lord directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.
                     Psalm 42:7-8



 From deep within me, my soul longs for You.
With strong passion I call to You in my troubles.
The yearning is as strong as the powerful forces of the water surrounding me.
Yet above the roar of the rushing waters my voice is heard in prayerful song
As a quiet melody of love from my Savior
Echoes in the night. 

Love Song
My voice sings and my feet dance
To His love song.
My hands reach up, my heart beats the rhythm
Of His love song.
My ears are tuned in and my all responds
To His love song.
My life becomes His Love Song.


Lord, May we seek You with all our heart and with all our soul, may we be still so that the waters of our life reflect You, and our life becomes Your Love Song.  Amen
-Sue Parrott

1 comment:

  1. Good analogy with swimming. Ever try swimming in a targeted direction in an open lake? It's pretty difficult to swim straight in open waters without guidance. As a competitive swimmer in childhood I came to understand the purpose of lane markers both on the sides and on the bottom of the pool. Without them it's like swimming with your eyes closed. You'll end up drifting to one side or the other. We need markers in our spiritual lives; lest we drift.

    ReplyDelete