Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Interrupted Plans

Fall brings change and reminds us that God is at work in this world and He creates beauty during that change.

For many of us, fall is a time that can be stressfully busy.  Many programs are launched for the year, school is back in session, and we have last minute projects that need to be done before the weather turns.  We find ourselves with deadlines, pressure, and check lists.  We make a plan, we get ourselves focused and we prepare to stay on task.

Yet God is in the habit of interrupting our plans.  He does so in the form of a person crossing our path when we are in the middle of a task, or plans get cancelled, or doors won’t open.  We may feel we are on a mission from God gaining great momentum when we are stopped in our tracks. 

Someone with a need or a concern seeks our attention in the middle of a busy day.  How do we respond at that moment?  Do we get frustrated and impatient?  Do we try to brush them aside to keep going on our way?  Or do we practice humility and open ourselves up to this new opportunity God designed for us for that moment?

 We need to ready ourselves to allow God to disrupt our day.  Otherwise, we may overlook the real reason for that moment in time when He placed someone or something directly in our path. 

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

God prepare my heart each day for the schedule You have planned out before me.  May I move forward on my life’s journey, ready to be interrupted by You.  Help me to respond in a way that glorifies you, and allows me to practice humility as I remember You are the Creator of all moments and seasons, and the Designer of my path.  Thank you for planning my life and my steps out for me in such a unique and beautiful way that only You can imagine.

~Sue Parrott

No comments:

Post a Comment