Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Warrior Princess

One of my most favorite books growing up was the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.  In this book the children received special gifts from Aslan the lion, who represented Jesus in this series.  They received weapons to use to fight in the battle against the evil White Witch and her army.  I can remember playing that I was a warrior princess and that Aslan the lion had given me the gift of a dagger or some other weapon that I would use to fight the bad guys.  I would also “protect” our chickens by herding them around the yard, guiding them to “safety”.  And snakes were my nemesis, and I often would crush them as they were the most vile of enemies.  (Sorry to any snake lovers out there.)

I’ve grown out of chasing around chickens and for the most part don’t kill snakes when I see them (usually), but I have not grown out of my desire to use my special gifts to serve our true God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

He has given me gifts and a passion that He created in me for a special purpose, to fight in this battle here on earth.  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:10

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Ephesians 6:12

We who follow Christ are called His sons and daughters, so we are princes and princesses of the Most High God.   And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”  II Corinthians 6:18

Our Father gives us good gifts to use here during our one lifetime.  He has uniquely designed each of us for a special purpose to further His Kingdom here on earth, and equips us with the weapons and armor needed to accomplish what we are meant to do.  We simply need to receive what He has given us, put on His armor and stand firm and pray. 
(Ephesians 6: 10-18)

Passion Prayer

Lord, place others in my life that can direct me to Your calling.
As you gave Samuel - Eli, to point out the voice of God.
When I hear you call me,
May I say, “Speak Lord, for your servant is listening.”
May I be prepared to do what You call me to do.

Lord, May I hear Your voice guiding me.
May I be as Phillip and follow even if it seems crazy…
Running along beside a chariot.
Equip me to do the work You have called me to do.
May I be prepared to share Your Words.

Lord, give me courage to go where You send me.
May I be as Esther, resigned to face death if need be
As she walked before the king.
Open my eyes for such a time as this, and
May my heart be prepared to give up everything.

Lord, use my life, I give You all of me.
May I be as Paul, chosen by You.
As You gripped his heart for change,
Transform in me that what must be renewed,
May my passion be infused with Your will.

~ Sue Parrott

No comments:

Post a Comment